LLRX.com is a unique, free, independent, one woman published Web journal dedicated to providing legal, library, IT, CI/BI, marketing, communications, Congressional, legislative, academic and administrative professionals, as well as students, with the most up-to-date information on a wide range of Internet research and technology-related issues, applications, resources and tools. LLRX is in its 18th year of continuous publication, with a diverse, professional, highly engaged and expert global readership.
LLRX.com was established in 1996 by Founder, Editor and Publisher Sabrina I. Pacifici who has been an active and pioneering member of the online legal community since its inception. She created the journal PLL Perspectives in 1989, and served as its only editor and publisher until 1996. She then focused her efforts on the new and evolving arena of web publishing, and developed one of the first online journals on Web research targeted to the legal community - and the only solo publication in this sector that is still actively published. Debuting in November 1996, LLRX.com was quickly established as a reliable "go-to" online resource for researchers to effectively and pro-actively leverage and implement the expanding expertise and knowledge of individuals and groups shared through the World Wide Web. With Sabrina as the sole Editor, Publisher and Web Manager, the site has consistently been recognized as a publisher of focused, comprehensive, well-documented, non-partisan, content-rich, up-to-date topical guides and actionable information on web-based applications, services and knowledge discovery, for researchers in the legal, academic, government, corporate, news and public interest sectors.
Sabrina has authored many articles on legal technology topics, delivered more than 300 presentations at professional conferences and seminars nationwide, and worked for several decades as a law and special library director, research librarian, legal technologist, knowlege manager, website and web portal developer and manager, enterprise blogger, and end-user teacher and trainer for multidisciplinary professionals. She is delighted that LLRX and beSpacific were recognized in the posting - 8 Great Legal Research and Writing Blogs on January 23, 2014 by Cheryl Niemeier. Sabrina was very grateful to have been chosen as one of the Fastcase 50 for 2012 - "Honoring the law's smartest, most courageous innovators, techies, visionaries, & leaders." She was also named one of Library Journal's (LJ's) Movers & Shakers 2006, and profiled in the American Bar Association (ABA) Law Practice Magazine, December 2006 issue.
LLRX.com offers a monthly edition of new articles, guides and topical resources comprised of comprehensive, reliable and wide ranging topical content to support actionable projects and programs for professionals and students in law, academia, the public, private, and advocacy sectors.
LLRX.com works with nationally recognized librarians, attorneys, information technology specialists and public interest professionals to bring readers regular, reliable, current and expertly documented articles, bibliographies and guides - a long term contribution to a vital, dynamic and expert global community of researchers.
LLRX.com delivers current, value-added content on a broad range of topics including:
- the nexus of technology and the continuously changing landscape of legal research online and on the web.
- a regular complement of articles and guides on topics relating to criminal law and justice authored by subject expert Ken Strutin
- a comprehensive, continually updated guide to free and low cost sites and sources focused on multidisciplinary competitive intelligence research
- the only regularly updated, free database of links to federal and state court rules, forms and dockets.
- a regular column on Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) by noted expert Scott A. Hodes
- guides and pathfinders to effective research practices, sources and techniques for librarians, lawyers, researchers, advocacy and public interest experts - leveraging government agency data, academic, corporate resources and materials from NGOs.
- reviews of legal and non-legal websites for researchers.
- effective communications and training/presentation tools, technologies and resources, including: portals, KM, blogs, social media applications.
- and seminar materials and presentations from leading research and library-related technology conferences.
The site also presents insightful, unbiased reviews of:
- software and online legal applications and database services
- research sources, data, and content for CMS, websites and knowledge management applications
LLRX.com also publishes a free (opt-in) monthly e-mail update to alert readers to the topics and authors featured in each new online issue.
To join the LLRX e-mail list, please click here for instructions.
Contributing to LLRX.com
LLRX provides readers with a dynamic forum in which to share their expertise and current topical information, and encourages interested authors to consider submitting original materials - articles, presentations, resource guides, blog postings, book, e-book, music, food, poetry, and tech reviews. Please e-mail me at spacific[at]earthlink.net.
beSpacific - blog companion to LLRX - with daily research updates
- beSpacific - a current awareness monitoring blog on legal, technology, knowledge discovery, and research related news and primary resources, with a searchable database of over 32,000 postings (launched in August 2002). beSpacific is authored by Sabrina I. Pacifici.
- beSpacific was recognized by the 2013 Blawggie Awards as the Best Legal Blog Category – Law Librarian Blogs and the 2011 Blawggie Awards as the Best Legal Blog Category – Law Librarian Blogs.
- beSpacific was recognized as the Best Overall Legal Blog of 2004.
- beSpacific was recognized as one of the Best Law Librarian Blogs of 2005 and the Best Legal Support Blog of 2005.
- beSpacific was recipient of the 2006 AALL/West Thomson Excellence in Marketing Award for Best Use of Technology.
- 9-11 related legal resources and news (edited and compiled by Sabrina I. Pacifici).
Short and long term advertising opportunities are available, so please contact me for detailed information at spacific[at]earthlink.net
Law Library Resource Xchange is owned and published electronically by Law Library Resource Xchange, LLC. Copyright 1996-2014, Law Library Resource Xchange, LLC. All rights reserved. No part of this electronic publication may be reproduced without the permission of Law Library Resource Xchange, LLC.