- Via THOMAS: H.R.3523 - Latest Title: Cyber Intelligence Sharing and Protection Act of 2011 - To provide for the sharing of certain cyber threat intelligence and cyber threat information between the intelligence community and cybersecurity entities, and for other purposes.
- Sponsor: Rep Rogers, Mike J. [MI-8] (introduced 11/30/2011) Cosponsors (106)
- See also H.R.3261 -- Stop Online Piracy Act [SOPA]
- And via EFF - Cybersecurity Bill FAQ: The Disturbing Privacy Dangers in CISPA and How To Stop It
- Editor's Note and update via Alex Howard: On April 26, 2012, "the Cyber Intelligence Sharing and Protection Act (CISPA) (H.R. 3523) through the United States House of Representatives was sent to a vote a day earlier than scheduled. CISPA passed the House by a vote of 250-180, defying a threatened veto from the White House. The passage of CISPA now sets up a fierce debate in the Senate, where Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV) has indicated that he wishes to bring cybersecurity legislation forward for a vote in May."
Infographic designed by Lumin Consulting