Good Places to Start
- LawyerExpress.com - Daily News and Info; Legal Research; Office Tools and Travel; Breaktime.
- Zimmerman's Research Guide - Online encyclopedia for legal researchers; keyword and phrase searchable.
Federal/State Law & Law Reviews
- Guide to Law Online - Sponsored by the Library of Congress; Code, Statutes at Large, Constitution, Agencies and Regulations, Federal Court System and Decisions.
- Lexis One - Federal and state cases from 1996; Supreme Court cases from 1790.
- LII: Cornell University Law School - District Court and Bankruptcy Court Decisions, by Circuit.
- Legal Journals on the Web - Links to full text, abstracts, table of contents (as available); general and subject specific journals.
- FirstGov - One stop access to all federal government resources.
- Thomas - Federal legislative information; searchable databases.
- CONGRESS.ORG - Databases for elected officials, issues and legislation, media guide.
- GPO Access - Database List - Includes: US Budget, CFR, Congressional Bills, Congressional Record, Federal Register, GAO Reports, Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents.
- GPO Access - Alphabetical Listing - Review the list to see the depth of the content.
- United States House of Representatives - Directory, Member Offices, Committee Offices, Leadership Offices, US Code searchable database.
- United States Senate
- EPA: Window to My Environment
- Beta (Region III only)
- Powerful new web based tool that provides a wide range of federal, state, & local information about environmental conditions and features.
- State Databases (US/Canada/State/Province/City Resources
- State & Local Government on the Net (6,098 links) - Government sponsored links to legislative, executive, judicial, regional info. (frequently updated)
- Administrative Codes & Registers - Home Page, Register, Code, Manual (as available by jurisdiction)
- Full-text State Statutes and Legislation on the Internet - Links to sites containing full-text state constitutions, statutes, legislation, session laws, and administrative rules.
- Legislative Information System for Virginia - Database driven access to bills and resolutions, Code of VA, VA Administrative Code, Rules of the Supreme Court, List of Legislative Studies.
Court Rules, Forms & Dockets
- LLRX Court Rules, Forms & Dockets - Links to over 700 sources for state and federal court rules, forms and dockets. You can browse to find the resource you need, or search by keyword.
- FedForms - Free forms for the top 500 Government services.
- U.S. Court Forms - Free court forms for all states (interactive versions require a fee.)
- Pac-Info - Over 4,000 free searchable public records databases
(US, Canada, Europe, Asia, Worldwide).
- CorporateInformation.com - Over 350,000 profiles are indexed; Search by state, county, research reports.
- Company Sleuth - News, IP, stock profiles & ratings, SEC filings, litigation.
- IPO.com - Venture - News, analysis and information on early stage capital marketing investing information.
News, Current Awareness
- Yahoo! News - Top Stories, Business, Entertainment, Politics, World, Sports, Technology, Health, Op/Ed, Science, Weather.
- CNET Search.com - Metasearch over 800 specialized engines.
- Northern Light Current News Service - Customized searching by time/date/relevance/source.
- IDG Net, The Computer Technology Network - News from dozens of sources technology, e-commerce, legislation, products and services.
- Tech Law Journal - "News, records, and analysis of legislation, litigation and regulation and affecting the computer and Internet industry."