DAO Resources 2023:
You may have not heard of the abbreviation DAO, but it is a term that should keep popping up with more frequency during the blockchain boom. It stands for decentralized autonomous organizations. As companies are betting on and adopting blockchain, many believing that blockchain is the future, DAO could start playing an even bigger role.
Almost any businessperson on board with blockchain will promote the value of decentralization. DAOs fit the mold, as they are devoid of any overarching authoritative figure and are instead bound together by blockchain’s smart contracts, thus creating a democratic foundation for transparency and collaboration.
Here are a few ways in which DAOs can improve business operations across any vertical or industry:
- DAOs set steadfast rules.
Through incorruptible contracts that are accessible to all individuals involved in an organization, DAOs establish a series of rules and contracts, effectively acting as the C-level of a corporation who would typically be in charge of defining company rules. In theory, DAOs could provide the framework in which a company is truly devoid of any type of hierarchy exists.
- DAOs represent the entire organization.
Within many organizations, the power goes to the individuals with the highest ownership; this is true even across crypto-fueled landscapes where those with the most tokens can hold more weight and have a more prominent voice in decisions. DAOs; however, intend to offer a decision-making framework that is non-corruptible. By implementing a governance framework, DAOs can effectively represent the common interest of everyone involved in the project or community.
- DAOs encourage widespread engagement.
When there is no pyramid pinning a certain individual to the bottom and others to the top, it gives people the chance to freely collaborate and voice their ideas without fear of “crossing boundaries.”
Typically, even when a company touts itself as “flat,” most of the employees understand that there is still a divide separating them from the founder and his or her advisors. When power divides are present, they can actually suppress engagement and collaboration. Individuals may not feel incentivized enough to speak up and spearhead a new approach to a challenge. With a DAO system in place companies may feel enabled to operate without set leadership and everyone has a stake.
- DAOs may prompt productivity
Any organization interested in instilling a widespread decentralized approach should be prepared for the workload that may come along with introducing this type of philosophy. In an organization that is decentralized, but not necessarily autonomous, governance of some kind is still needed.
With DAOs; however, the governing model is automatically executed, which means that individuals involved in the organization don’t have to waste their time ensuring that every other player is fulfilling his or her role and abiding by the rules. Rather, the smart contracts do the heavy lifting.
- DAOs eliminate chain of command
Typically, ideas and projects have to move up and gain approval across several levels before they are put into motion. During this process, many ideas are diluted as they traverse up the chain and fall under the scrutiny of individuals with more to lose if the idea winds up being a flop.
Within a decentralized structure, there is no chain of command; ideas don’t get watered down and messages may not get lost in translation as they are shuffled from one stamp of approval to the next.
Yet, a downfall of DAOs is that there is no promise of participation.
The benefits of launching a DAO-based organization are powerful. But bridging the gap between theory and reality is not always easy. Ensuring the ongoing and timely participation of all participants and stakeholders in a DAO landscape is not possible. However, DAO’s don’t have to be a one-size-fits all system.
One example of an organization committed to developing a foundational solution in which DAOs can launch and thrive is DAOstack. Their technology offers building blocks for governance systems that can scale up infinitely so that good decisions can be made in a short amount of time. There are certainly competitors out there trying to harness the power of DAO and bring it to businesses to they can reap rewards from same.
- DAO’s, The Future of Jobs? https://blog.treendly.com/daos-the-future-of-jobs/
- Real Examples of DAOs:
- Augur. This prediction market DAO uses Ethereum code and blockchain to make predictions. Members can bet on any topic and their funds are safe.
- Jelurida. This platform allows users to create custom blockchain and tokens. Users can vote and make decisions.
- DAOStack. As the website states, it “is an open source project advancing the technology and adoption of decentralized governance.”
More organizations are bound to appear, as this trend changes the market.
- The ABCs of DAOs https://1729.com/daos
- What Are DAOs? The Future of Global Organizations Explained https://cryptobriefing.com/what-are-daos-the-future-of-global-organizations-explained/
- What Is a Decentralized Autonomous Organization (DAO) https://decrypt.co/resources/decentralized-autonomous-organization-dao
- A Prehistory of DAOs
- Decentralized Autonomous Organizations and the Promise of Utopia https://ra.co/features/3914
- The Decentralized Social Blockchain https://www.deso.org/
- Decentralized Autonomous Organizations (DAOs) https://ethereum.org/en/dao/
- DAOs & Creators: Resources to Get Started Today https://kinjal.mirror.xyz/eD3-Sgv2h50j-kwjHQCOnwqMKqSLTfnrqrtNypU-P5k
- Resource List – DAO Creation & Design https://daotalk.org/t/resource-list-dao-creation-design/522
- DAO Talk https://daotalk.org/
- DAOgov – Resources for DAO & Crypto Governance Research https://linxule.com/daogov/resource_list/
- Publishing on Mirror is Now Open to All https://dev.mirror.xyz/valptw8S9eZ1cvzX-JCGga2N_W2hXyurSYbOlNFj4OQ
- What is a Decentralized Autonomous Organization, and How Does a DAO work? https://cointelegraph.com/ethereum-for-beginners/what-is-a-decentralized-autonomous-organization-and-how-does-a-dao-work
- Takeaways: 5 Years After The DAO Crisis and Ethereum Hard Fork https://cointelegraph.com/news/takeaways-5-years-after-the-dao-crisis-and-ethereum-hard-fork
- DAO’s A Canon https://future.a16z.com/dao-canon
- What is a DAO and How Does It Unleash the Power of Blockchain? https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/what-dao-how-does-unleash-power-blockchain-kirstel-b2b-techfluencer/
- What is a DAO? Your Ultimate Resource List https://www.tobysinclair.com/post/what-is-a-dao-your-ultimate-resource-list
- Takeaways: 5 Years After The DAO Crisis and Ethereum Fork https://cointelegraph.com/news/takeaways-5-years-after-the-dao-crisis-and-ethereum-hard-fork
- Decentralized AI Alliance
- Hashgraph – Hedera – Ensuring Decentralized Governance at Scale
- Imagining a Better Online World: Exploring the Decentralized Web https://blog.archive.org/2022/01/11/imagining-a-better-online-world-exploring-the-decentralized-web/
- TechScape: Everything You Need to Know About DAOs https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2022/jan/26/techscape-daos-nfts
- The Promise of DAOs, The Laest Craze in Crypto https://www.newyorker.com/culture/infinite-scroll/the-promise-of-daos-the-latest-craze-in-crypto
- Announcing Internet of Education DAO Research & Development https://www.learningeconomy.io/post/ioedaoresearch
- Why Decentralization Isn’t as Important as You Think https://haseebq.com/why-decentralization-isnt-as-important-as-you-think/
- What Are Decentralized Apps (dApps) and How Do They Work? https://www.howtogeek.com/781789/what-are-decentralized-apps-dapps-and-how-do-they-work/
- What Is a Decentralized Autonomous Organization, and How Does a DAO Work? https://cointelegraph.com/ethereum-for-beginners/what-is-a-decentralized-autonomous-organization-and-how-does-a-dao-work
- ChainIt – The Web3 Approval Network https://smartdater.biz/chainit-corp/
- DAO’s Defined https://email@example.com/daos-defined-27d28c4df9ab
- What Is a Decentralized Autinomous Organization, and How Does a DAO Work? https://cointelegraph.com/decentralized-automated-organizations-daos-guide-for-beginners/what-is-decentralized-autonomous-organization-and-how-does-a-dao-work
- A Guide to Decentralized Biotech https://future.a16z.com/a-guide-to-decentralized-biotech
- The Future with Decentralisation and Blockchain https://dataethics.eu/the-future-with-decentralisation-and-blockchaing/
- Ethereum https://www.bigeasymagazine.com/2022/04/29/is-ethereum-dao-the-best-in-the-blockchain/
- Introducing the 2022 State of Crypto Report https://a16zcrypto.com/state-of-crypto-report-a16z-2022/
- How DAO, Secure Smart Contracts, Identity, More https://a16zcrypto.substack.com/p/how-dao-secure-smart-contracts-identity
- Legal Frameworks for DAOs Series https://a16z.com/tag/legal-frameworks-for-daos-series/
- Are Blockchains Decentralized? https://assets-global.website-files.com/5fd11235b3950c2c1a3b6df4/62af6c641a672b3329b9a480_Unintended_Centralities_in_Distributed_Ledgers.pdf
- Decentralized Identifiers (DID) 1.0 Specification Approved as W3C Recommendation https://blog.identity.foundation/w3cdidspec-2/ https://www.w3.org/2022/07/pressrelease-did-rec.html.en
- Decentralized Science Is Poised to Disrupt … Well, Everything https://neo.life/2022/08/decentralized-science-is-poised-to-disrupt-well-everything/
- Decentralized Autonomous Corporation https://medium.com/@NODEfather/decentralized-autonomous-corporation-ce6051294d25
- Decentralized Organizations of the Future: An In-Depth Look at Decentralized Autonomous Organizations (DAOs) https://medium.com/coinmonks/decentralized-organizations-of-the-future-an-in-depth-look-at-decentralized-autonomous-e0e12d285e34
- How DAOs Could Bring Organizational Trust and Transparency https://knowledge.wharton.upenn.edu/podcast/wharton-business-daily-podcast/how-daos-could-bring-organizational-trust-and-transparency/
- What Is Web3? Deep Insight Into the Decentralized Technology https://medium.com/@oliviaimmaculate1/what-is-web3-deep-insight-into-the-decentralized-technology-c29d5567583a
NFT Resources 2023:
7 Hottest NFT Trends Happening Right Now https://decrypt.co/80194/7-hottest-nft-trends-happening-right-now
Are NFTs a Passing Trend, or Here to Stay? Beeple Weighs In https://singularityhub.com/2022/03/17/are-nfts-a-passing-trend-or-here-to-stay-beeple-weighs-in/
Crypto, NFT’s, The Metaverse & What It Means for eCommerce in 2022 https://www.eseller365.com/the-metaverse-what-it-means-for-ecommerce/
How to Create an NFT – and Why You May Not Want To https://www.theverge.com/22809090/nft-create-opensea-rarible-cryptocurrency-ethereum-collectibles-how-to
Inside the Newest Crypto Craze: The NFT https://www.ozy.com/news-and-politics/inside-the-newest-crypto-craze-the-nft/423489/
NFT Artist pplpleasr: How Crypto Changed My Life
NFT Gigs – Discover NFT Projects That Are Looking for Support https://www.nftgigs.xyz/
NFT Insider https://www.AlternativeAssets.club/
NFT Price Floor https://nftpricefloor.com/
NFT Sneakers Take Off as Nike and Adidas Look to Cash in on Digital Shoes https://singularityhub.com/2021/12/22/nike-just-acquired-an-nft-studio-to-make-digital-sneakers/
NFTs and a Thousand True Fans https://a16z.com/2021/02/27/nfts-and-a-thousand-true-fans/
NFTs Are a Privacy and Security Nightmare https://www.wired.com/story/nfts-privacy-security-nightmare/
NFTs Explained: What’s Driving Prices in Digital Collectibles https://www.wsj.com/articles/nfts-explained-whats-driving-prices-for-lebron-james-and-kings-of-leon-digital-collectibles-11615205133
NFTs Explained: What They Are and Why They’re Selling for Millions of Dollars https://singularityhub.com/2021/03/05/nfts-explained-what-they-are-and-why-theyre-selling-for-millions-of-dollars/
NFTs, Intellectual Property and What It Really Means to Own a Digital Kitty https://www.morningbrew.com/daily/stories/2021/04/21/nfts-intellectual-property-really-means-digital-kitty
NFTs Relevant Blog Posts from Andreessen Horowitz https://a16z.com/tag/nfts/
NFTs: The Growing Cybercrime Risks and How To Avoid Them https://www.techrepublic.com/article/nfts-cybercrime-risks-avoid-them/
NFT Weekly News https://www.NonFungibe.com/
NFT Virtual Summit Videos https://a16z.com/2021/05/18/nft-virtual-summit-by-a16z-and-stanford-the-videos/
Promote Your NFT Like a Pro https://signum.ai/nft/
Romanian Healthtech SanoPass Steps Into Metaverse and Launches Collection of Health Utility NFTs on the Elrond Blockchain https://newsdirect.com/news/romanian-healthtech-sanopass-steps-into-metaverse-and-launches-collection-of-health-utility-nfts-on-the-elrond-blockchain-543400945
Science & Tech Spotlight: Non-Fungible Tokens (NFTs) https://www.gao.gov/products/gao-22-105990
The Latecomer’s Guide to Crypto https://www.bespacific.com/the-latecomers-guide-to-crypto/
The Latest NFT Market Report https://nonfungible-20137703.hs-sites.com/nft-market-quarterly-report-q2-2022-download-your-free-copy-now_email
The Rise of NFTs & Ether-1’s Fight for Anti-Censorship &Decentralization https://dev-james.medium.com/the-rise-of-nfts-ether-1s-fight-for-anti-censorship-decentralization-31cc065f4908
Tips for Buying NFTs https://alternativeassets.club/tips-for-buying-nfts/
What are NFTs? https://www.bespacific.com/what-are-nfts-2/
What are NFTs? Mapping the NFT Ecosystem https://www.visualcapitalist.com/what-are-nfts-mapping-the-nft-ecosystem/
What Gives NFTs (Non-Fungible Tokens) Their Value? https://mindmatters.ai/2022/08/what-gives-nfts-non-fungible-tokens-their-value/
Why NFTs Are Suddenly Selling for Millions of Dollars https://thehustle.co/why-nfts-are-suddenly-selling-for-millions-of-dollars/
WTF Is an NFT? https://www.wired.com/story/gadget-lab-podcast-495/
NFT Canon https://future.a16z.com/nft-canon