Kara Phillips, Collection Development Librarian/Associate Director at Seattle University Law Library since 1997, has worked for various state agencies in Washington as a contract librarian as well as the Gallagher Law Library East Asian Law Department and Lane Powell Spears Lubersky. Recipient of a Blakemore Fellowship, she studied Mandarin Chinese at the Stanford Center in Taipei, Taiwan in 1996 and during her sabbatical in 2007 will work in China, setting up an American legal collection at Shanghai Jiaotong University School of Law.
- Shanghai Express: Donating and Shipping Law Books Overseas — June 25, 2007
- Deal or No Deal – Licensing and Acquiring Digital Resources - Deal Breaking License Clauses — March 18, 2007
- Deal or No Deal – Licensing & Acquiring Digital Resources: License Negotiations Reprise — January 15, 2007
- Librarianship - Promoting Public Service and Philanthropy — December 17, 2006
- Deal or No Deal – Licensing and Acquiring Digital Resources: License Negotiations — November 22, 2006
- Law Librarian One of Top Ten Finalists for Animal Planet Hero of the Year Award — November 17, 2006
- Deal or No Deal: Licensing and Acquiring Digital Resources — October 15, 2006